VIZAĜO Playing Cards (red)
Lumina – the Red deck
- Custom illustrated playing cards by Annette Abolins
- Vibrant and colourful artwork depicting faces on every card
- Poker size
- Printed by Legends Playing Card Co. on Classic finish
- Semi-matte tuck box with interior printing
- 1st and limited edition of 1200 decks (Lumina)
- Deck(s) can be signed if requested
A Closer Look ...
VIZAĜO is a vibrant and fully custom illustrated deck of playing cards, celebrating colourful faces with original artwork influenced by wood-cut and line-drawing techniques. Distinct colour palettes frame the four suits and bring the deck together as a whole.
Thanks to the amazing support on Kickstarter in July 2017 and fabulous printing by Legends, a limited number of these decks are now available here on Nine Lives.
Can I get a Signed Deck?
I am happy to sign decks for anyone who orders from my Nine Lives store and would enjoy their deck(s) to be signed. Please put your request in the order notes and make sure to let me know if you want the signature on the outside of the cello-wrap, or on the actual tuck box.
Radiant Kings, Queens & Jacks are portrayed in bold lines and vibrant colour. Clear indices are well suited to play and there is a subtle nod to familiar (standard) court faces in the direction each court character is gazing.
Aces and Number Cards
The four Ace cards, dressed in their suit colours, create a visual bridge between court and number cards.
Faces in profile bring colour and detail to VIZAĜO’s original custom pips, while retaining the shape of the traditional symbol. Balance and subtle symbolic meaning define the ‘direction’ of these faces:
- Spades look forward – towards sight & wisdom
- Diamonds look back – overseeing home & stability
- Clubs look forward – initiating innovation & action
- Hearts look back – harbouring love & emotional connection.
Card Backs & Boxes
The two colour versions Lumina (red) and Lumino (blue) are a name-play on light vs dark. Both decks have identical card faces, giving card backs and tuck boxes their moment to shine…
VIZAĜO [Vi-za-joh] – is the Esperanto word for Face – and these decks are all about celebrating the joy of cards, whether treasured for play or to put on display :)
Articles & Reviews
- Max Playing Cards – VIZAGO relaunch – a new opportunity for happiness and colour
- Max Playing Cards – VIZAĜO – fill your face with joy and colour
- Max Playing Cards – Artist Insight – Annette Abolins
- Kardify – Card Flash: VIZAĜO Playing Cards
- Kardify – Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Annette Abolins
- Kardify – First look at VIZAĜO Playing Cards
- Ender’s Game – Pictorial Review on BoardGameGeek (also on Magic Café, United Cardists & Playing Card Forum)
- Ender’s Game – Introducing Abolina Art on BoardGameGeek (also on Magic Café, United Cardists & Playing Card Forum)
- Red Hands – VIZAĜO Playing Cards
- World of Playing Cards – VIZAĜO Playing Cards
|Dimensions||9 x 6 x 1.8 cm|